Sunday, September 5, 2010

Introduction

My name is Ellen.  I am 16 years old and I am entering my sophomore year of high school. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease when I was six. This means I have to avoid gluten, which is a protein found in grains such as wheat, rye, and barley. I am also allergic to milk, soy, eggs, and fish. Because of all these allergies, I have developed some recipes I want to share. None of these recipes contain gluten, milk, soy, or fish. Occasionally I might use eggs since I'm allowed to have eggs as long as they are in something and not straight eggs. Most of my recipes are actually recipes I have modified so they don't contain ingredients I can't have. Others I came up with myself or are family recipes. I also have some tricks and tips that I have learned over the years. I plan to use this blog to teach people how to cook foods that taste good, but don't have things they are allergic to. This includes recipes as well as tips and tricks. I will also include substitutions you can use to make any recipe allergy friendly. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment