Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Busy, Busy Days

It was the second day of school for me, and things get really busy, really fast. I got homework yesterday, and more homework today. Classes are starting to get rolling. I'm taking a foods class and we're still learning about classroom procedures. But everything else is busy, busy, busy. Between homework and extracurricular activities, I have very little time. So I need to be able to make something quick and easy for really busy days. You may think this is impossible because recipes take so long to make. The answer is the crock pot. It's a slow cooker, so the food cooks for hours. But don't be fooled. It's actually quite easy. All you have to do is simply put the ingredients into the crock pot, set the timer, and it will cook for the rest of the day. Once the timer goes off, the crock pot will keep the food warm until it is ready to serve. So it is ideal for days when you are really busy and don't have time to cook. In my house, we have a lot of crock pot meals when we are busy. You too will find it is the perfect way to make sure you have a delicious home-cooked meal, even when you don't have time to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment