Sunday, February 6, 2011

Gluten Free White Cake

Since I know the cake is going to take the longest, I'm doing it first today. Right now it is currently baking in the oven. Here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
2 cups gluten free flour (I used 1 cup rice flour and 1 cup tapioca flour)
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs

Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Grease baking pan. Measure all ingredients in large bowl. Blend 1/2 minute on low speed, scraping bowl constantly. Beat 3 minutes on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into baking pan. Bake 40- 45 minutes for oblong shape (such as the football pan I'm using), 30-35 minutes for round, and 15-20 minutes for cupcakes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.

The other recipes will be coming shortly. I will post them as I make each one. Have fun on Super Bowl Sunday.

PS. Since neither the Jets or the Bears made it to the Super Bowl, I'm rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment