Friday, November 26, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made this for an assignment in foods class. My teacher gave me a recipe that I had to adapt so I could have it. Now I'm sharing it with you.

Ingredients:
1 cup shortening
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups gluten- free flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3 cups gluten- free oats
1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together shortening and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips and mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment